The KnovaSolutions service is available to help you better understand and manage your medical care, treatments, and medications. This confidential and individualized service is easily accessed by telephone and email and provides a complete approach to support you with health-related decisions. KnovaSolutions nurses and pharmacists will interact with you to provide access to health information and support you in making the best health decisions possible.
Is this a confidential service?
KnovaSolutions is strictly confidential. No personal health information is shared without the member’s written consent and all health data is protected by HIPAA privacy standards.
What does KnovaSolutions believe?
• Our motto is “Your Health. Your Decisions.” We help you own your health and take control of your decisions to use medical care. Ownership means you truly take responsibility for your health whether it involves daily meal planning, adherence to medications, or decisions about a surgical treatment. We believe the right information at the right time with education and clinical support allows you as a healthcare consumer to make the best health decisions possible.
• You are a person, not a disease. KnovaSolutions is centered on the entire individual/family and treats you as a whole person. Our person-centered holistic care extends beyond just disease to issues that impact family well-being such as education, job success, family counseling, nutrition, and stress management. Health management is only meaningful in a broader context of life, work, medical treatments, and personal beliefs. Whatever concern you have in your life is our concern too.
• Caring and prevention are key. In today’s healthcare system, cognitive service--quality time spent talking with individual patients--is often missing due to medical specialization, physician shortages, and an overburdened healthcare system. At KnovaSolutions, we listen to our members’ full range of concerns and help them get the most value out of their medical services. We believe in protecting health and preventing damaging behaviors that we have control over. The KnovaSolutions team is key in assisting with strategies to help you live a healthy life.
Who might benefit from KnovaSolutions?
Individuals and families facing many healthcare decisions would benefit from talking with the KnovaSolutions nurses and pharmacists. Our staff will talk with you about healthcare providers, medications, and quality of life issues to assist you in improving your decision making. The relationship you build with your KnovaSolutions team over time will provide the opportunity for open discussions about the best ways to use the medical care system. Our staff will educate you about the risks and benefits associated with multiple providers, tests, procedures, and medications in order to help you better communicate with your providers. These services are intended to enhance, not replace, the patient-doctor relationship.
Who provides the KnovaSolutions service?
The service is provided by HCMS Group, a privately-held, independent business headquartered in Cheyenne, Wyoming with clinical staff located throughout the United States. Please see the map on the contact page for more staff location information.
The KnovaSolutions service is delivered by a team of highly experienced master's-prepared nurses and doctorate-prepared clinical pharmacists. As a team, they deliver information and decision support tailored to the unique needs of you and your family.
How do you maintain ongoing service quality?
• Selective recruitment and extensive orientation
• A six-month new staff preceptorship
• Regularly-scheduled case reviews and education sessions with all staff
• Licensed use of professional online and published resources for staff use
How long is a member typically enrolled in this service?
KnovaSolutions membership is initially for one year. Initial enrollment and continuing membership are voluntary. Many members voluntarily extend their membership for multiple years based on their personal situation and needs. Most commonly, membership fees are paid by a group health benefit sponsor, such as an employer or government entity. If health benefits eligibility through your employer is lost, direct enrollment in the KnovaSolutions service is still available.
How are you different from disease, case, or care management?
KnovaSolutions collaborates with other medical care providers including primary care doctors and medical specialists. Rather than focusing on just one disease or health behavior, KnovaSolution addresses the health needs of the whole person. KnovaSolutions is an independent service and does not operate as an agent of insurance carriers or managed care organizations.